Sunday, September 25, 2011

One change leads to another...

I've been thinking for a while now that my old striped Ikea curtains are in need of an update.
Of course, once that thought entered the ol' noggin, it opened a Pandora's box.
If I change the curtains...
Then I'll have to change the pillows...
If I change the pillows...
Then I'll need new throws...
If I change the throws...
You get the idea.
So, the living room update remained an idea in the back of my mind...until...

I stopped at HomeSense the other day to peek at the Halloween goodies.
By way of a small miracle, I passed up all the spooky goodness.

While there, I found these little beauties and brought them home with me.

The rich orange and cool blue...who could resist?
Not I! 
Especially since I had seen this at Anthrolpologie a few days before and sadly left it on the shelf:(
Source: Anthropologie
But, I digress...
The plates were not my only HomeSense treasures.
I also picked up 4 place-mats.
In our house, place-mats are a bit on the useless side.
They get spilled on, stained and then never used again.
So, why did I buy them?
This is why...
 I turned those place-mats into some little pillows.
The pillow in the middle really was a chip bag!
Little pillows adorned with a variety of rosettes.

With that I added some fall d├ęcor to our home...and began the update of the living room.

 Come back and see as the other changes unfold!
Cheers!
Theresa

I'm linking up...


5 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks so pretty! Placemats are useless in my house too...but they make perfect pillows! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute!! and they go perfectly on your bench!! :) perfect use of the placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Just pinned them!!

    http://odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are incredible! I love how rustic the mats are mixed with the bright flower details!
    ~Christina
    kaitlinandkylies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo the pillows look great. I love the transformation and your Autumn decor!

    I have hooked up with Julia's Party as well!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!