Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mantel {Fall Style}

Lately, I've been experiencing serious decorating withdrawal.
My life's been a little too heavy on the academia side of things.
And a little lacking on the creative side.

Until today.

My mantel {read 'piano top'}received a {much needed}overhaul.
Out with summer and in with fall.

Remember this?


This mantel took me from Spring through the dog days of Summer.
Purpose served.

To celebrate my favourite time of year, I gathered a sample of my fall decor.
A little of this and a little of that.
Recycled twigs.
Vintage books.
Tin cans.
Owls.

What a hoot.

And here is what I came up with.
vintage can perched atop recalimed candle-holders
owl bookends borrowed from the basement livingroom
vintage books from here
the view from the top ~ 'cause they're so darn cute
twigs recycled from here in an antique enamel picther
Fall is my favourite time of year.
Alwasys has been.
Always will be.
The colours.
The cool temperatures.
The return of routine.
And a fresh new school year.

Here's to crisp fall days and Pumpkin Spice Latte's!
Cheers!
Theresa

I'm linking up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!