Friday, June 24, 2011

Welcome to Starbucks...

What can I get started for you?
We'll have a Venti Caramel Americano and a kids White Hot Chocolate. 
Please and thank-you.

With those words, almost every Friday for the last 10 month  was underway.

It has been tradition, that after we drop the big kids off at school, Ava and I head on over to one of our favourite haunts.
Starbucks.
In the comfy chairs.
Only the comfy chairs will do.

We drank our drinks.
Ate banana bread.
But mostly, we enjoyed each other's company.
We coloured fairy pictures.
Made cards for teachers.
We even made party favours while sitting in our favourite chairs.
Sometimes she did her work...and I did mine.
We made memories.
 
Today our tradition came to an end.
Today was Ava's last day of Kindergarten.
We took our final Friday trip to Starbucks...
because today she's officially a grade-oner.
Next year she'll be in school all day.
Sitting in a big kid desk.
Playing outside with the big kids.
Learning math.
Learning to read.
Learning to write.
She is over-the-moon.

Me? I'm coming to terms with this fact:)

When school begins in the fall...we'll be making new memories.
Memories that involve me and each one of my kids. 
One.At.A.Time.
Memories that involve being excused from school for no good reason.

No good reason...except for spending time sipping on Starbucks and connecting.
There is no better reason.
Here's to our memories made and our memories to be made.
Cheers!
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog, and this post brought tears to my eyes. What a special memory to cherish. And, I'm sure your daughter will too. I have two daughters, ages 9 and 14, and I have lots of memories of special times like these. We're still making these kinds of memories!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!