Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Take Some Time {Tuesdays}

Welcome to a new weekly feature over here at All is Well.
I invite you to take some time.
Take some time to reminisce.
...to remember.
...to celebrate.
...to share accomplishments.
...to count your blessings.
...to hurry up and slow down.

This is my attempt to celebrate something small {or big} every week.
................................................................................................................................................
This week, it's all about the Tooth Fairy.
That little pixie sneaks into our home with regularity these days.
We have a nifty little tradition going on over here and it's less about the pillow and more about a glass full of water.
When the tooth-wiggling has worked it's magic and the tooth makes it's grand exit...my kiddies place it in a cup full of water on their bedside tables.
 
When our fairy friend visits, she can't resist diving into the water to scoop up that lil' dental treasure.
 
And when she does...something magical happens.
The water in the glass is dyed the colour of her dress.
And of course...coins replace the tooth.
All of my kids {even Kieran who I secretly know doesn't believe in the magic} are excited to see what colour her dress was.

What's your Tooth Fairy tradition?
~theresa~

1 comment:

  1. You. Are. Amazing! We've lost two teeth, but I "bought" the first one from *a*, and she caught me on the second, so I made some story about the Tooth Fairy being in a hurry so we just swapped tooth for cash at the door and I told her I'd put it under *a*'s pillow. (I'm nothing, if not a quick thinker.)

    This is a lovely idea and I can't wait to try it out!

    Enough so that I'm gonna forcefeed the kid taffy.
    ~K

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!