Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Good Day All 'Round

Today was a great day for a number of reasons...
To begin with...I felt human again!
For the first time in weeks I felt like I could survive a whole day of regular stuff...laundry, dishes, playing...not exciting but it felt good to get through the day!
The antibiotics have kicked in and I'm on the mend...at.last.

We spent the morning sitting around the kitchen table.
Elle made muffins and she even doubled the recipe...almost accurately;)
As we waited for them to bake we had a few chuckles over the kids' baby calendars and journals.

Most notable...
There was actually a time when Elle liked dresses...
There's proof, it's right there in my journal dated May 4, 2005.
It reads, "At Easter, you decided you wanted to wear a dress."
And, my friends, that may have been the last time!

We had a good chuckle over the list of Kieran-isms and notable quotes from our little tot.
Lasteryear.
What do you think it means?
.................................................................................................................................
Yesterday. As in..."Lasteryear was Saturday." 
Priceless.
Then there was this comment...
"Maybe Auntie Bev will come over and leave her kids at home."
Sorry cousins...he had a thing for your mom!

After Ava got over the fact that the other kids had more written in their journals {she didn't quite understand that they're older, which means more memories} we enjoyed reading about her personality.
It appears that her strong-will began at an early age...about 4 months!
At about 10 months, she saw a Christmas tree in the mall.
She shook her finger at it and said, "No! No!".
Perhaps a message she had heard a time or two?

It was fun to reread the journals and peek at the calendars.
I'm glad I've written things down for them {and me}.
Because, in the blink of an eye they've gone from sweet little babies to little grown-ups.

On a related note...
Long ago I was inspired by Kellie over at This Blessed Nest.
She created subway art with the most meaningful of words.
First Words.
Photo Credit: This Blessed Nest
Photo Credit: This Blessed Nest
After our walk down memory lane this morning, I got to work on my own subway art.
And...if I stay healthy...I'll share the results in the next couple of weeks!
Cheers!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!