Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring's Just Around the Corner

...it just so happens that the corner it's around is 18 city blocks away and there are windrows of snow 8 feet high and icy streets in the way...
But I promise...it's just around the corner!

I admit, it's a little hard to think Spring when the mercury falls below - 32 degrees {Celsius} which converts to...FREAKING COLD...that's what!
- 32 degrees {Celsius} not cold enough for you?
Okay then, let's throw in a windchill of -46 degrees.
actual temperatures from February 25th
Enough?
It's safe to say that I've had ENOUGH!!
But you know me, always a cup-half-full-kinda-gal...so I believe Spring will arrive.
eventually
Let's will it out...shall we?!
Can you spot Spring in this picture?


Here's a little wardrobe update to get you started.

Begin with fabric circles of any size...in two coordinating colours.
Throw in a felt-circle for a later step.

Fire up the glue-gun and start foldin' and gluin'...

 You'll need at least 6 folded circles for the larger petals and 5 for the smaller ones.
Glue the larger petals onto the felt circle, overlap for a fuller look.
 
After folding and gluing the smaller circles, glue them on top of the larger petals...until it looks like this...
I covered a button for the centre.
Glue the flower to the headband and then add a second felt circle over the headband, for extra support.

And here's a little monkey jumpin' on her bed...just for fun:)
Whenever Spring comes...we'll be ready!
~theresa~

I'm linking up...

 

11 comments:

  1. Adorable!! So very sweet! I am visiting from Creative Girls Blog Hop and I am a new follower! Hope to see more from you soon!
    Have a great Friday!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute headband. Love the colors. Visiting from tatertots & jello

    ReplyDelete
  3. bless your heart! i hope the sun shines so birght that it melts all that snow away~!!!

    as for the headband...LOVE everything about it. super cute model too!

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    happy weekend.
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made some of these flowers today for a Bible cover! So fun! I was just talking to my mom about how I would like to make some hair clips!
    I hope spring gets there soon! :D
    -Many Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a DARLING headband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing like yellow to bring a touch of spring. Your little girl looks so cute in her adorable headband!
    Most of the snow is gone here on Long Island, but we had piles over 6 feet high (from the plows) and I don't think I saw a blade of grass from the day after Christmas to about two weeks ago. The good news is that I'm hearing birds singing again, a sure sign of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute headband! So colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!! Love the colors! The model is adorable, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute color combo! She looks too cute wearing it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! I am obssessed with headbands and it would really help my budget if I could make one myslef. Maybe I'll try:) Thank you so much for linking up to the handmade hog!!! I hope to see you next week too!! ANd yes, please make the rainbow cupcakes. They are so easy and so so so fun and cute

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!