Thursday, March 24, 2011

Egg-a-licious!

I am so pleased to be guest blogging over at The T-Shirt Diaries today!
Where else can you learn how to upcycle vintage buttons and create these little beauties?
Thanks for this opportunity Robin!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's begin...
I began with these Pottery-Barn-induced dream-scapes...
Oh, sweet Pottery Barn...how I love thee.
Nest - $24
Book Bundle - $39
Set of 11 - $19.
Keys ~ Set of 7 - $19
Alas, I do not have $101 kicking around for a Spring vignette.
But...I do have loads of plastic Easter eggs, some vintage books thrifted from the second-hand store and some decorative goodness stashed away, just waiting for a new home.

In the spirit of the Stashbust...let's upcycle some tacky looking eggies into some chic decor.
Begin by gathering your supplies.
Plastic eggs, old books, a paper cutter,  Mod Podge, a paintbrush...

Cut your book pages into thin strips - the thinner the strips, the flatter they will lay when you Mod-Podge them on to the eggs.
Roll up your sleeves and prepare to get sticky!
Apply mod-Podge to the egg.
Lay the paper strips over the Mod-Podge, being sure to cover every itty-bitty spot of plastic.
Finish with a thin layer of MP over the paper layer.

Allow to dry.

Once your upcycled eggs have dried, group them together for a fabulous spring vignette.
There you have it ~ my own PB-inspired vignette on a shoestring!
Thanks again Robin!
Cheers!
~theresa~
I'm also linking to these special places!
Sundae Scoop Link Up.
 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've got some plastic eggs laying around..... I'm lovin' Robin for encouraging us all to stash bust. I'm the guest for tomorrow. domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you! you are so smart. i love those eggs.
    your spring vignette is gorgeous.

    take care!

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!