Monday, March 14, 2011

Don't Cry Over Broken Glass

What do you do when you break the glass to a picture frame?
Get new glass cut?
Nah!
How 'bout making a wreath?
And...just in time for Spring too...nothing like a little mossy goodness to freshen things up!
And a rectangular wreath - so fresh and fun!

Here's the method to my madness...

Apply Mod Podge to an area of the frame.
Apply moss...
This is the point where I realized that Mod Podge was not the way to go.
I did not have the patience to hold each piece in place.
On to plan 'B'.

Apply hot glue and cover with moss.
There...that's better.
Instant.
No waiting.
None of that 'being patient' nonsense.
After I covered the front, I flipped it over and wrapped the moss around the back.
I added some egg-like berries from a stem I bought last year at the dollar store.
I removed these plain-Jane white eggs from the nest.
I added blue eggies and a ceramic bird that I had on hand.
A bright blue ribbon adds a little 'Spring' to the wreath.
My new wreath...hanging above our piano.
I'm working on the piano-top vignette to go with my new wreath...
Come back and see what I come up with!

Cheers!
~theresa~

I'm linking to these great parties...
The Spring Fling at This Blessed Nest
The Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming.
Hookin Up with HoH #40.
Creative Juices over at Momnivore's Dilemma.

5 comments:

  1. Genius idea to use your frame! I'm having a link party on Friday. Hope you'll come link this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so smart!

    this turned out wonderful. i love the eggs & the bird added in.

    thanks for linking up to the spring fling. hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to upcycle a busted frame. Looks festive for spring...

    You will be featured this week! Stop by and grab a "freshly featured" button from my nav bar.

    Thanks so much for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I featured this as part of my March Open House link party wrap up! Come get a featured button if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Love the rectangular wreath! I definitely have some frames I could use for this project, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!