Friday, February 4, 2011

Pinpointing my Style

Where decorating is concerned...I'm kind of...unsettled; indecisive; always changing.

Sometimes I think too rustic and my rooms seem drab.
Other times there's not enough personality, not enough sentimentality.
I waffle back and forth...
It's all part of the fun!

Recently, I started adding more whites, more blues, more softness.
I painted antique furniture {much to my husband's dismay} white, robin's egg blue...anything to lighten it up. 

I roughed-up the edges for that time-worn feeling.
I white-washed items to bring them to life.





Now that our little bungalow has been brightened up a little...I'm thinking it's time to combine soft textures and colours with some rustic, time-warn pieces

I took this opportunity to pretty-up a much-neglected corner of our main bathroom.
 
I brought in a barnwood frame, built by my husband, from my mom and dad's old barn.
We found the white ironstone pitcher in my parents' field...just laying there waiting to be discovered! Waiting to be cleaned-up and repurposed.
The jars were just hanging around.

 I made this wreath using the ole cut-circle-fold-glue technique that you can read about here.
And...apparently I was a little too generous with the warming feature on the editing program! Our walls are white, not yellow!

I l.o.v.e. the contrast of the pretty with the rustic.

To recap...
I've gone from decorating rustic-style...
To painting everything in sight...
To celebrating both...together...at the same time!

To do the math...
Bright + rustic + a touch of sentimentality = my current decorating style.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers!
~theresa~

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your decorating style! So glad I found your blog. You have such great ideas- I want to award you with the Stylish Blogger Award because I think you're awesome! :)

    If you'd like, just stop by my blog and accept it!

    Thanks and Happy Weekend!

    -Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for nominating ME for the stylish blogger award! I am so flattered and even more so as I look through your blog and see how stylish YOU are! I love your frames...do u have a tutorial for those? Maybe I missed it...but I'm in love. Thanks again and I am pleased to say I am your newest follower! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and that chicken wire jewelry display? So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog -- having fun exploring yours! Love your decorating style --

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, you have loads of talent!
    www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!