Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've Been Awarded...

This morning I awoke to fantastic news.

I have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award.
Little ol' me, on my little ol' blog.
You can bet I was tickled, flattered and maybe even a little giddy!
I love, that someone else loves my little piece of the blogosphere!

Kait over at Mrs. DIY and the Tennis Guy {how cute is that name?!} found my little blog worthy!
Thanks Kait ~I'm really, truly flattered!

So here we go...7 things about myself...

#1 -I am teacher. I teach grade 5 and French as a second language. I am passionate about my job...I am honoured to be a teacher. I am thankful that parent entrust their kiddos to me each and everyday. I take it seriously, but we have fun. We push each-other to take risks and we celebrate small successes. I think everyone should teach through the 7 Habits {you know...the Covey family?}. Who doesn't want their children to be proactive; begin with the end in mind; put first things first? And those are only the first three habits!

#2 - I was married when I was 20 and I remember thinking...if ONE more person tells me I'm a little young to be getting married...
Well, we've been married now for 16 years...together for 19. Take that you nay-sayers!

#3 - I decorate cakes and cupcakes...I love looking at pictures and trying to emulate what I see. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not so much! My favourite part of creating cakes? Watching people's reaction when they see the finished product...oh, and...I don't even like cake.

#4 - If I could, I would stop at Starbucks every morning. Yup...I {heart} Starbucks! But, I hear they're coming out with a Trente size...even bigger than the Venti {which is already a monstrocity!} With that large of a cup, I may only have to stop once a week!

#5 - I once said, "I will never run. Never. Did you hear me? N.E.V.E.R.
To date I've completed a bunch of 5 km races and my first ever 10 k race in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Lesson learned - never say never!
 
#6 - I am a mom to three beautiful little beings. They could not be more different from one another. I love them deeply and they drive me crazy...all in the same day, sometimes within the hour! But really, what's not to love?
 
#7 - If I were a child today, I'd undoubtedly be diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder...and I'm not kidding! I have to have 23 things going on at one time and bounce amongst all 23. It's just how I roll. Multitasking? Maybe! A.D.D...undeniably.

Now on to the good part...awarding the Stylish Blogger Award to eight deserving bloggers.
 
1. Restlessrisa - Not only did she just have the most precious little baby...but she has babushka doll patterns and she creates the sweetest printables.
2 - Attempting Aloha - If it isn't enough that Ashley lives in Hawaii, and by visiting her blog, you also get to visit Hawaii...then her crafting skills will hook you in. Good stuff over here people, good stuff!
3 - Social Salutations - The author of Social Salutations is Jennifer and she made the best anthroesque necklace from a bracelet. Oh, and check out her etsy shop ~ it's full of rosettes...a girl after my own heart!
4 - Krazy Crafty Lady - Meet Christine. She had me with her Valentine's Pennant...then I saw what she did with her Dollar Store pillow!
5 - David, Courtney & Camryn - The first thing you'll notice when you head on over, is the gorgeous little girl in the header photo! Then she'll introduce you to nifty turquoise and you'll be hooked!
6 - Cupcakes, Kisses and Crumbs - She shares the C.U.T.E.S.T. Cowboy Party - she's the real deal - she even put straw in one corner of her house!
7 - My Salvaged Treasures - Betsy created the.most.adorably.vintagy.world-class.bracelet. She's got a real eye for vintage!
8 -  Boyers at Home - You have to check out her kitchen redo..stunning!

It's my pleasure to pass this award along...Congratulations gals!
Please follow these rules to accept this award...

1)  Thank and link back to the blogger who
awarded you with the award.
2)  Share 7 Things about yourself.
3)  Award 8 recently discovered great bloggers.
4)  Contact the bloggers and inform them of  the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!