Monday, February 28, 2011

Hurry Up and Slow Down

One of my favourite places to visit in Blogland is the Pleated Poppy.

One little visit over there and and you'll know why!
She's talented and witty!
Hop on over, you'll be glad you did!

When her recent post appeared in my blog sidebar and was entitled how did this happen?!
I immediately thought DIY project gone wrong?
Then my mind turned to a big mess made by a little person?
Then, I clicked on the link...and found this picture...
photo credit: Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy
It struck me right away.
I'm always asking my kids who gave them permission to grow up.
Who said you could have another birthday?
Who said you could go to Kindergarten?
Who said you could have sleepovers and not miss your mom?


It reminded me of this photo I took last Christmas...
See the little itty-bitty skates...second from the left?
Kieran wore those...
Elle wore those...
And Ava wore those...
Yes, all in the past tense!

How did this happen?
I have no answer!

Although there is something very emotional about my kids growing up...there's also something very rewarding and heartwarming.

I love seeing the kind of person they're becoming and watching as their personalities evolve.
I'm in awe as I watch them figure things out...how they approach different situations...setting goals and dreams for themselves...learning from their mistakes...and living.

I l.o.v.e. watching how they live.

Here's to growing out of skates...
To moving to the next grade...
To independence...
To interdependence...
To celebrating to small things...

Here's to remembering to hurry up and slow down.

Cheers!
~theresa~

I'm linking up to...

3 comments:

  1. You just made me cry, this is so sweet. I feel the same way as my girl are growing, it is a hard and happy time all mixed in together and I don't want to miss a moment of it. Thank you so much for linking up your post, it was just what I need to read this morning.

    Have a great day,
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the Versatile Blogger Award last week and now I’m passing it on to you! I’m so glad I found your blog. Please come visit me at www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com to see all the details. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!