Monday, February 21, 2011

Always Kiss Me Goodnight

A few weeks back I wrote a post about my sweet decor.
 Little additions to our little home for happy {heart} day.
I linked that post up to the partay over at Lil' Luna's and I was tickled to find out that my plate was the most viewed link that week.
Yipeeeee!!!!

Kristyn {Lil' Luna herself!} suggested I show you how it's done.

So, here goes...
You'll need a plate, some Staz-On ink, stamps, fabric and your hot glue gun.
 Number One...Decide on a message to send.
In the original post, I chose listen with your heart as a reminder that if you listen only with your ears, you'll only get part of the message.
If you listen with your heart...you're listening for meaning and feeling.
Important.

For this post, I've chosen a wee little saying that says something powerful.
Always kiss me goodnight.
It's about unconditional love, right?
So, even if I've been a turkey, or teased my sister, or have acted like a whirling dervish...I deserve a kiss goodnight.
Period.

Number 2...Choose your plate and stamps.
I chose a plate I've had for as long as I can remember and some stamps I picked up at Dollarama.

Number 3...stamp.
 Number 4...make a rosette.
In the original post, I made a heart out of the technique you can find here.

For this project, I decided on a rosette made from silk scraps I had in my fabric bin.
Here's a little refresher on how they're made...
Cut a circle and a strip of fabric.
Glue the strip to the centre of the fabric.
Wrap, twist and glue.

Attach the ribbon and the rosette and hang.
A welcomed little addition to Ava's space.
~theresa~ 

I'm linking up...

2 comments:

  1. I love that!! I found you from Ladybug Blessings and thrilled I did. I'm your newest follower. I would love for you to drop by and see me at www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute, I love this, well done! Following your blog and sending hugs! Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!