Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Six Things I L.O.V.E. About You!

January is a big month for birthdays in our home.
Two out of three kiddies celebrate. 
I cannot believe it, but I am actually going to miss Ava's birthday this year.
I'll be away at a Ringette Tourney with big sis.
Oh, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ava is NOT happy about this.
She has told me so many times!
It's just how it goes, little one!

You might recall big brother's list...you can read it here.
Since fair is fair {and Ava will be the first to REMIND you of that!} ~ she deserves a top 6 list of her own.

Six reasons we love our soon-to-be-six-year-old.

#6 - Ava doesn't walk...she skips...inside, outside, up the stairs, in the snow, in the sand...she skips.
After a meeting with her teacher, during which Madame let us know that Ava likes to talk to her friends during circle time...daddy and I had a little sit-down with Ava. We explained to her the importance of listening to her teacher ~ being respectful and not taking away the right of others to learn. 
Hours later she walked skipped into the kitchen {with a little sass in her stride} and informed me that she could still hear Madame when she was talking to her friends. 
She turned and skipped away.
Uh-oh!
 #5 - She marches to the beat of her own drum...and she's proud of it!

#4 - Ava is a snugglebug. There is rarely a night she does not end up in our bed, and she doesn't come quietly {or alone}! She wiggles her way in between hubby and I, touches someone's face and takes deep breaths until she's back asleep...usually by this time, I'm wide awake! But, I would never exchange those snuggles for sleep...not ever.
#3 - Ava {hearts} anything sparkly, glitzy, glam. She's got a stash of lip-gloss...one for every occasion! And, as far as shoes go...the more sparkly, the better.

#2 - Ragelly and Ava have been best friends since...forever.
#1 - Ava has nearly put us over-the-edge {and I'm not shy about telling people that} on many occasions...her spunk, her spirit, her determination ~ those right there are the number one reasons we love our little Ava.

In an attempt to curtail the my-mom-abandoned-me-on-my-sixth-birthday-syndrome, I've put together six packages for my soon-to-be-six-year-old.
I will leave them on the table on the morning of January 28th.

Inside she'll find a few of her favourite thing...a handmade flower headband; My Little Pony toys; bracelets...all treasures to my six-year-old.

Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!
 ~mom~


1 comment:

  1. T, this might be one of my all time fav posts!

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!