Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paper Rosettes

Today my friend hosted her annual Christmas Cookie Exchange...and the cookies were to.die.for!
She started the party by reading to us from the local paper...How to Host a Successful Cookie Exchange.
Wow, there's a whole article on the topic?
Actually...there's a whole book on the topic!
We were all more than a little surprised that someone could fill the pages of a book with ideas about how to host a successful cookie exchange!
Here we thought it was just good common sense!

Perhaps our favourite line from the article...a cookie exchange should not leave your guests feeling humiliated or paralyzed.
Hmmm...Two emotions I would have never associated with a Christmas Cookie Exchange!

My friend was a fantastic host...I left with an assortment of tasty cookies {and not an ounce of humiliation or paralysis!}

For my part, I chose Salty Peanut Squares by Grant Matthews. I found them in Matthew Mead's Holiday bookazine.
They were dee-lish!
I prettied up the packaging with some paper rosettes.
Want to learn how to make them?

You'll need an old book, ribbon, an embellishment for the centre and a hot glue gun.
Begin by cutting four larger circles and one smaller circle from the book pages.
Glue the smaller circle to the centre of the ribbon.
Fold each larger circle in half, and then in half again, securing with a dab of hot glue.
 Attach the folded circles to the smaller circle.

Add a little something to the centre.

I packaged my goodies in paper lunch bags {I trimmed the top with decorative scissors} and tied them up with the rosettes.
 These paper rosettes may just make an appearance under the tree.
~theresa~

I'm linking to these parties:
 


5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty...just precious!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for sharing how you did them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rosettes are gorgeous! It's especially nice that they are a recycled - er, upcycled! - material. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stealing this idea for the cookie exchange I am in! So easy and adorable!
    Thank you for linking up to www.thetshirtdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!