Saturday, December 11, 2010

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe

'Tis the season.
 My favourite season.
Lately I've been drawn to all the book wreaths that I've seen in blogland.
Like this one from Jen @ Piney Flats Style.
There's something about them...so nostalgic and beautiful...that was calling me.
Then, my sister-in-law created two for the craft show.
L.O.V.E. them.

I decided to add my own twist to the book-wreath {in hopes that maybe a wreath will come my way at Christmas - wink, wink!}.
I created a kissing ball.

I began with a wire sphere.

Then, I followed the same steps as in my paper rosettes to fold the book paper into the petal shapes and I hot-glued them to the frame.

I continued until the frame was completely covered.
I added some red berries {that I snipped from the garland that's wrapped around my chandelier} and some ribbon.
I changed the ribbon from my original plan to something a little brighter. 
 


I leave you with some wise words...
Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they're already asleep.  
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
~theresa~

I'm linking to these parties...click on the buttons to check out the parties.



 
 




6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the little bits of red from the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!
    Visiting from Sunday Showcase. And I am going to share a link on my blog's, A Glimpse Inside, FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the vote AND the feature!
    I love your kissing ball! I'm gonna have to make one of these for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful kissing ball--love it! Thanks for the blog visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really beautiful. I found your blog via "Under the Table and Dreaming." I really like your ideas. I just became a follower. Check out my blog sometime if you like. I've done a lot of crafts with antique sheet music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!

    Come enter for a free paper bead necklace from Heart Strings for Orphans!

    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!