Sunday, November 14, 2010

{thirty-one days of memories}

{the celebration begins 01/01/11}

The process of creating our Christmas card sent my mind reeling.
Reeling with memories of times gone by.
Memories of first words, first times, funny moments, milestones.
I've decided that it's time to celebrate these memories.


 But before I begin...I have a little confession...
The picture-situation in my house is dismal. No joke.
I have boxes and baskets of photos waiting for a home.
My computer is over-run with photos waiting to be printed...so they can be placed in those boxes and baskets...and wait for a home:)

This little project is barely going to make a dint in my stack of photos going to help remedy that dismal situation.

{I made it my goal to not purchase a single item to create this project.}
{So far...so good!}

thirty-one days of memories is like an advent calendar.
A post-Christmas advent calendar.
Each little bag contains something to get excited about.
Each little bag contains a photo {for each kiddie} and a memory.
We will open a bag every day in January ~ beginning the new year by remember the past.

Let's begin..


I made my own tags out of scrapbooking paper that I already had.
I embellished each tag and decorated each bag with items from my craft supplies.
Only 28 more to go:)
I spent hours wading through photos, looking for the perfect ones...having a little chuckle and a few tears along the way.


I wrote a note on the back of each tag, to accompany the photo.



Pip = Soother/Pacifier/Plug;)
Every day in January we will celebrate times gone by.
I plan to have photo-albums at the ready...after they look at the picture and we read the note, they can slip them in the album for safe keeping.


So...what do you think?
Will you give it a whirl?


Thanks for stopping by:)
~theresa~

I'm linking up to these fabulous parties:
 

 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! January can be so dismal and dreary--you know, it feels like all the fun is gone. I love this way of looking back on good memories so that we can look forward to the new ones we'll be making! I'm going to work on something similar. Thank you for sharing this idea, it was just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea, I have tried and failed at scrapbooking for years but I think I could do this. Your kids are going to love having these memories written down in the future. Thank you for sharing.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is such a great idea!! I love that and you can keep them and look at them for years to come! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays! Make sure to come back next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. I am off for 2 weeks in December and might have to give this a whirl.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!