Friday, November 5, 2010

Homespun Christmas

Today is a very special day...
It's Baba's birthday!
Baba is a very, very special Baba!
She has a way of making every grandchild {and there are 12 - 10 years and younger!} feel like they are on top of the world.
She celebrates their accomplishments and tries to help us mom's through their challenges.
Happy Birthday Baba!

To celebrate her special day, we decided to make her some extra-special, homemade goodness!
It all started with a wreath, some berries and some homespun fabric.
I wove the berries into the wreath and twisted the vine in a few places, to keep it snug.

Then the rosette-making fun began.
Big ones. Small ones. Red and white ones. Blue and red ones.
Endless possibilities!
I glued and twisted, twisted and glued.
I attached wire to the back of each rosette so that they can be changed up for different seasons.
{I may have just created a series of gifts for Baba...rosettes for every season!}
Notice the Starbucks cup? Eggnog latte...yum!
This afternoon, we will deliver our homemade goodness to our very special Baba.

While I was at it, I thought I'd change-out my own wreath.
Remember this one?
 
Today it has a new look. 
A homespun Christmas look.
A fresh new look for an exciting season.
Oh Christmas...how I love thee!
~theresa~

I'm linking up!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this project T! Everything about it is beautiful....the berries, the colours and how it all looks together! I am sure that Baba is going to love her birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful project! Such a good idea to be able to swap out the flowers. Plus I love how the wreath is hanging from fabric. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute!!! I am still trying to master rosettes. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look so nice. I really need to try that out. I like the visual for the back of the rosette. That helps us visual types. There have been countless times when what was in my head didn't quite translate to the actual project!

    Jo @ http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!! I am your newest follower. I found you on the crafty link up! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    Have a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!

    These wreaths are gorgeous! I love the roses. I love them on hair accessories too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are adorable!! If you have time come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I'd love for you to link these to our holiday party! http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!