Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Fun!

This is one of my last Halloween projects for 2010...{except for the party decor}.
I think it's fair to say that I've had my fill!

I've been eyeing all sorts of painted pumpkin projects in blogland and have been wanting to give it a try...so this week I took the plunge!
I yielded my chalkboard paint in one hand and some ivory spray in the other and got to work. 
I was surprised how easily they covered.
Then I got to thinking...how can I make this project last beyond 10~31?
...
...
...
Rosettes...of course!
I set to work making some rosettes in subtle hues...and attached them to the newly painted pumpkins.
I used the pearls from a broken dollar-store necklace as embellishments. 

The inventor of chalkboard paint deserves a gold star...brilliant!
The beauty is...each of the rosettes has been fitted with a pin so it can be worn on a lapel, on a purse...Wherever you fancy!
 

I {heart} rosettes!
~Theresa~
I'm linking up!





4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful rosettes! Thanks for visiting my blog. You have some great stuff over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea, using chalkboard paint on the pumpkins! Love the little rosettes you added to them, too! :)

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jenni
    {Beautiful Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! The rosettes make them look so classy and romantic! Thanks again for linking up. :)

    - Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those have to be some of the prettiest pumpkins I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!