Friday, October 22, 2010

Pinwheel Lollies


Next weekend we play host to up to 15 little ghosts and goblins...the five-year-old variety!
At the same time, I'll be attempting my first ever party table.
I thought it best to avoid my regular cram-everything-in-to-the-night-before-style!

My plan is to create a table full of treats that each little ghoul will take home at the end of the party.
Oh...and...I want to do this on a shoestring;)
Mission possible?
...
I think so!

One feature on the table will be my pinwheel lollies.

I began with some regular lollipops.
Then I tried my hand at paper-accordion flowers.
I took 2 ~ 12"x1.5" strips of paper {for each flower}, folded them accordion-style and taped the edges to one another. 
I finished them off with a circle I punched out of some scraps I had cluttering up my craft room lying around.
I hot-glued the circles on both sides in an attempt to make them a little more hardy.
~~~
I took those precious little accordion-flowers and glued them on to the oh-so-tasty lollipops.
I tested the plastic to ensure that the hot-glue wouldn't melt it on to the lolly.
And...Tada...
Pinwheel Lollies
Now to make 13 more:)
Look for them lined up in neat little rows on the party table.
~~~
I'm linking up...







6 comments:

  1. The kids are going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way to dress up a plain ole' sucker. Thanks for sharing and linking up.

    :-) Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this party table! I know that it will be spectacular! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Those would be perfect for a Candy Land or Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory party too!

    - Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable idea! I'm going to see if I can get some of these made for my daughter's Halloween party at school. Thanks for sharing!

    www.gwennypenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Would love for you to share at my "Creative Halloween Party"
    http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!