Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Spooktacular

I feel as though this party is the culmination of what has been a really great Halloween {season}...if I can call it a season;)
Our home has been filled with projects and crafts a-plenty.
But, I think this is the one I am most pleased with.

In a few hours Ava will celebrate her very first Halloween Party.
She will play {g}host to 15 little goblins.
We'll play games, make bracelets, decorate goody bags...we'll munch and mingle.

I mentioned in previous posts that I have wanted to create a party table for a really l o n g time. I've wanted to take the time to create something festive and whimsical.
The process of creating this table has been a lesson in patience...taking the time to think things through and do it right the first time...something that can be painful for a gal like me who likes to jump in with both feet...and think later!

I guess it's true...patience does pay off...slower is better!

Do you want to see what I did??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rather than walk you through each step...I'll share what went well and what I'd change for next time...at the end of the post.
Here goes...
In all her Halloween glory!
Cents-a-bottle water...all dressed up.

Choctacular Treats


Pinwheel Lollies
Mini-playdoh...watching you.

Spider pins...they're the same ones I used on the invitations.
The view from above {the table}.
So...what went well?
I.Went.Slow...that's what! 
Besides that...
~ I learned so much from visiting other blogs ~ there are A LOT of really talented people out there!
~ I spent a minimal amount of money...I'm not sure of the exact total, but it was under $50! I stayed true to the dollar store and I used what I already had at home!
~ I found a pack of 12 bottled waters for 99 cents...seriously...it can't get any cheaper than that!
~ I waited for the week before the big H to buy themed-goodies...50% = :)
~ Sticking to a few colours {lilac, lime, black & orange} helps create unity.
~ Those colours scream Halloween without screaming tacky!
~ Symmetry is can be a beautiful thing ~ I'm not ready to commit to that yet!
~ I'm going to have one happy little 5 year old when she wakes up in the morning and sees her table!

What would I do differently?
~ For those of you who know me personally, you know that time management is not my forte! I thought I had left just a few things for the last minute...I was wrong!
~ I think I made about 8 different trips to Micheal's! Lots of sales though...so maybe this one belongs on the first list!
~ I didn't put an RSVP date on the invitation...so I didn't have final numbers until Thursday...too late! 
~ I wouldn't wait as long to do tackle a project like this...I had a blast {again...maybe this belongs on the first list!}

What do you think? Leave me a comment...I love the feedback!
Cheers!
~theresa~
I'm linking up!

5 comments:

  1. What a spectacular party! Who couldn't have a fabulous time with all that wonderful goodness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome party. You did a wonderful job of pulling it all together. Love the fun colors and the fun style. Very sweet bio -- I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute way to dress up the playdough {and everything else}. Love those googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable party table! Love it. . you did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your whole party turned out amazing!! Love those play-dough canisters with eyes!! Adorable!
    Thank you for sharing it at the Prett Packages Party!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!