Saturday, October 23, 2010

Choctacular Treats

Tonight my little Ava and I set to work...making goodies for her first-ever Halloween spooktacular!
I've wanted to make my own chocolate bar covers ever since I found Amy Atlas...amazing!

If you've been following me as I plan the big spook, you know that I'm attempting my very first party table...and that I'm trying to accomplish it on a shoestring!
So far...so good!

Today I visited Dollarama for Aero chocolate bars...69 cents each. Not bad.
I rummaged through my scrapbooking paper and found some cast-offs that would be perfect for this role.
Then I set to work.

I carefully removed the outer Aero wrapper...carefully preserving the foil...I think it's a perfect shade of copper for a Halloween party.
I thought I'd keep one wrapper in case of allergies...then mom's and dad's can check the ingredients.
I measured the wrapper against some plain black paper and cut enough pieces for all the bars {10 so far}. Then I taped the paper together on the back-side.
I added a strip of paper that match my pin-wheels that I celebrated here...I used whatever lengths and widths I had on hand.
{For some reason, I have no picture of this step...use your imagination!}

Yesterday I emailed my sister and buttered her up with a little you're-my-favourite-sister talk and asked her to print me some Halloween tags from Cap Creations. Adorable!
{My printer is the black-and-white variety...I know...we live in the dark ages!}

I cut-out the tags with the craft scissors and Ava set to work with her glue-stick.
Glue-sticking takes a lot of  concentration when you're 5!
Here is what we {together really is better} came up with...I'm in love...
 
 We're one step closer to the party table! 

Linky-linky time!


 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they are adorable! Thanks so much for telling me about them! Do you mind if I post a photo of them over at my blog? Maybe Monday. So glad you could use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic, Theresa!

    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I actually looked at this post this morning but was dragged out of the house by an anxious family before I could respond. Later today, M and I were shopping for party "prizes" and she was buying little crappy things and I asked her if she wouldn't like to get some candy bars to wrap with some cute festive labels. I thought it was a great idea but apparently she prefers the cheap plastic glow in the dark swords that will break after one day. I guess the chocolate bars will just get eaten too so it's all good. Thanks for linking up. :-) Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chocolate bars will surely dress up your Halloween table. They are too cute! Thanks for the follow and I am now following you too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute!!!
    also i love that you have an Ava :) i love that name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute idea! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So totally adorable! You're right, the copper color is perfect!

    Thanks for finding me! I can't wait to keep looking through all your fantastic ideas!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I love the papers you chose. They really represent Halloween without being too Halloweeny. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute!!! I hope you'll stop by and share them at the Pretty Packages party!
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2010/10/pretty-packages-party-4.html
    smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you shared these party favor ideas at the Pretty Packages Party! They are so fun!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!