Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Welcome Fall - Second Installment

 Let's put first things first here and admit that no authentic fall preparations can begin without a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte...;) It is, after all, the ultimate sign that fall has arrived!
 For the past few weeks, the weather 'round these parts has been screaming 'fall'. The perfect mix of crisp air and warm sunshine...which has put me in the mood for a little a whole lot of fall decorating. It's time to switch out some of the summery hues and trade them in for the colours that fall's made of.

This year I began with my sad:( looking kitchen chandelier...
...that I'm happy to report will find a new home just as soon as my friend (are you out there Steph?!) replaces hers! You see...one similar to this little beauty...
 is going to make it's way into my kitchen. Think a little greener and a little creamer...and a little more rustic...
But...I digress!

To update my current chandelier for fall, I added a string of fall berries around the base, changed out the white shades for wicker (Ikea) and added a couple of feathered friends to the mix...and voila...
 A cozy luminary...

Next up...kitchen ledge...from this...
to this...

This ledge features a few of my favourite things...a touch of whimsy, some Anthropologie votives (from the sale room!), and of course the peanuts in the picture. We take family pictures each fall and those are from last year's collection...down in Fort Edmonton Park.

And finally...because I'm still into obsessed with rosettes...a little pillow update was in order.
Meet the pre-rosette vignette...simple summertime.
And post-rosette...welcome fall.
~ Theresa~

I'm linking this post to the following parties...
Fall Festival over at This Blessed Nest;

2 comments:

  1. let's be clear right here...i TOTALLY agree that all good crafting starts with a pumpkin spice latte! ;)
    love your chandi Fall shades!!!

    but let's talk about the sweetest little bench in the sweetest shade of pale blue with the sweetest FALL pillows & rosettes ever. love it.
    let's sit there & drink some pumpkin lattes! that sounds great to me.

    thanks for linking up again with the FALL FESTIVAL! great great post.
    see you next week!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great...loooove those wicker shades...I must check them out on my next visit!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!