Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spooktacular {Mantel}

Today I share my {mantel}. 
Really it's the top of an antique piano.
The piano my husband bought 6 years ago and said...if nothing else, it's a nice piece of furniture!
I tend to agree. 
A nice piece of furniture...and my {mantel}.

Truth be told, today I really wanted to share the witch costume I made for my daughter.
But...sadly, it's not done yet I haven't even started...so that will have to wait!

I spent my lunch break perusing the aisles at one of my favourite haunts...
I was looking for...wait...I can't even remember what I was looking for...but I came out with some spooktacular labels (by Martha Stewart)!
As I was driving back to work, I remembered some old bottles I had almost donated to Goodwill...because I was tired of storing them. Thank goodness I didn't, because they turned out to be perfecto!
I 'borrowed' these from my bathroom!
A little peelin' and a little stickin' and voila...
My little crow is perched atop some antique books in the perfect hues...
...next to a sparkly cast-off pumpkin purchased at the second hand shop ~ topped with a whimsical Halloween hat. Sweet.
I cut out my own bats...but me thinks me flock needs more...
What do you think...should I add more?


My Halloween {mantel}...ready for a little spooking!

~ theresa~

I'm linking to these fabulous partays!
Fall Festival @This Blessed Nest;
Fabulous Friday Finds @ Frou Frou Decor;

7 comments:

  1. I love your lotions and potions! Looks spooktacular!

    And congrats your run! Looks like a lot of fun! I did my first 5k in July and now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fantastic!!!

    your collection of bottles in different sizes is wonderful for the potion look. it looks so good right now!!!

    thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Don't you just love decorating for Halloween?
    You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie party.
    Alliemakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piano/mantel turned out just lovely. The crow on the books and the potion bottles are my favorites. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Love your mantel!

    Thanks for stopping by btw! This would totally help update that dress of yours! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great atmosphere you've created !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantle is so fun and spooky. I love it!

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!