Monday, September 13, 2010

Ring Around the Rosies...

For weeks I've been obsessing over dreaming about rosettes...I've blogged about them here...and even a touch here
I've spent many an-hour in blogland reading and learning; taking notes and making lists. 
And yesterday was the day...the big day...the day when I put in to practice all that I've learned. Here goes...

Just so you know...I seem to have another obsession an affinity for pearls and rosettes. 
Case in point...a wee-little splurge from Anthropologie...
Beauty. Courtesy Anthropologie.
But now that I'm in-the-know where rosettes are concerned...splurging @ Anthropologie be gone! 
~
~
Well...maybe not be gone...how 'bout...be less?
 *****************************************************
On a crisp, cool, dreary, rainy evening I pulled out the glue gun, the felt, the fabric scraps...
 and a few little embellishments and tried to make the world a brighter place. 
Well...tried to make my world a brighter place:)

To give the rosette an unkempt look, I frayed the edges of the fabric simply by pulling out strands.
I put my blogland-research to work and set about twisting and gluing the fabric into rosettes in a variety of sizes. I added some rosettes I purchased, ones I had made shamelessly from an old curtain, and attached all to felt, glued on my ribbon and voila...

~Theresa~

I'm linking to these fun parties...
Made By You Monday @ Skip to My Lou;
It's So Very Creative @ It's So Very Cheri;
The Fall Nesting Party @ The Inspired Room;
Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello.


8 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! Love it!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful!! I bet you look so stylish at work in this lovely! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a fantastic job!! thanks for the tutorial. i'm about to make some my self as well. hope you have an awesome wednesday!

    angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!

    giveaway today @ calebdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa! So glad to have found your gem of a blog! Thanks for your kind comments on the flower necklace! I am LOVING your rosettes and feel like I need another necklace with rosettes and ribbons just like yours!
    Excited to be your newest follower! Look forward to learning more from you and digging into Just Cakes as well!
    Best!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I love rosettes, need to give them a try! Would look cute on some of our dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Theresa! I love your blog!! Now, Clay would really think I was crazy if I started making rosettes too, but they are so beautiful!! I even have some old curtains laying around . . . Very inspiring!
    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!