Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pumpkin-y Goodness

Today, after a weekend in the Canadian Rockies (more on that later;) I am celebrating fall. The crisper air. The richly-coloured leaves. The cozy feeling in our home.
When my mind turns to thoughts of fall I can't help but think of cozy desserts! Desserts that fill the house with the scent of pumpkin spice and our tummies with pumpkin-y goodness!
Enter...Pumpkin Tarts!
To be honest, I'm not sure where this recipe came from...but it is a favourite in our home.
*Edited to add: A fellow blogger found these tarts on Bakerella's site - mystery solved!
Try them, you'll love them!

Begin by cheating just a little...when you pull out your frozen pie crust and let it thaw for 10 minutes!
Roll it out a little thinner than it comes, and use either a circle or a pumpkin cutter to cut out your tart shells.


Press the cut-outs into a mini-cupcake pan, paint the edges of each shell with egg whites...and set them aside.
 
You'll also need...
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice 
(1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg)

Mix all of the above ingredients together.
 Fill each lil' tart 3/4 full with the pumpkin mixture.
 Bake @350 for 12 to 15 minutes.
Top with a dollop of whipping cream.
  
Enjoy!
~Theresa~

I'm linking up to these fun parties...
 Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple.

5 comments:

  1. love this idea! thanks for sharing. Found you at the C.R.A.F.T link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these many times a year - the kids LOVE them - I have also made them in reg. tins instead of mini and as a whole pie.

    I would bet you found the recipe here:
    http://www.bakerella.com/pumpkin-pie-bites/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite desserts so I'm sure I would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm featuring this on friday :) thank you for linking up to M.M.M.! you had one of the most viewed entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Single-serving pies are not only cute, but practical! : )

    I linked to you over at Pumpkin Week:
    http://www.alwaysexpectmoore.com/2010/10/pumpkin-week-daily-dozen_05.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!