Friday, September 10, 2010

The Perfect Recipe for a Little Spook

Before I begin, there are a few things I'd like to get out of the way...
Number 1 - All Hallows Eve is one of my favourite holidays.
Number 2 - My Halloween decorations are usually more whimsy than spooky.
Number 3 - IT IS probably too early to start decorating for the big spook. 
Number 4 - I can't resist after a recent visit to Goodwill!
And so, with that outta the way...we begin!

As we (remember Steph? the friend that's going to sell me her castoff chandeliers that I adore?) strolled the aisles of Goodwill we stumbled upon the ultimate stash of Halloween goodness!
An area dedicated to items too perfect to pass up...after many agonizing minutes deciding which items would travel home with us...we left with these little treasures... 
- 2 tarnished goblets
- 1 glass science beaker-esque container
- 1 tall glass container
- 1less-than-perfect tray
- 1 small tarnished dish, complete with lid
- 1 covered glass cake stand (not shown)
- 1 brass candle holder with hurricane lamp - I got a little ahead of myself on this one! It was brass when I bought it, but I sprayed the base with chalkboard paint...and didn't take a before picture...oops!

 And so...the recipe for 'a little spook' was born! 
~
~
~
Begin with the above items and gently add the following little goodies to up the spook-factor:
 
- 3 packs of rubber mice (Dollarama)
- 2 bags o' moss (Dollarama)
~
Mix in:
- 1 stamped 'potion' tag
- A little inspiration from Kirsty @ A Little Bit of Sanity and A Lot of Chaos (sounds like my house:)
~
Let stand for 10 minutes...tick, tock, tick,...
~
Return with fresh eyes...
~
Rearrange, rearrange, rearrange...
~
Appreciate...
I was going for "The Nightmare Before Christmas" look, which coincidentally, is my son's favourite movie!
You'll know it's ready when the edges are golden you walk by and smile...and feel the slightest bit spooked! 
I'm linking to these fabulous parties:
Click Here
 Fabulous Friday Finds @ Frou Frou Decor;
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge;
I'm lovin' it Friday @ Tidy Mom;
It's a Blog Party 

Happy Spooking!
~Theresa~

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the shout out. It does sound like we have similar chaos going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a fun little display. I have some silver goblets that I could use...now I just have to get the rest of the stuff. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spotted you at Feature Yourself Friday. Halloween's my favorite holiday too so this is right up my alley. Love what you did with some neat Goodwill finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great with all your super finds. I made the rounds at two of my favorite thrift stores, actually left one empty handed. Love you comment about my car, I need to use her more often in posts, she was hit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!