Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome Fall

Fall is by far my favourite season...the crisp air, the colours, the return of routine...and of course, Halloween! I am so excited to be joining the Fall Festival over at This Blessed Nest...so excited to share and celebrate all that is fall!
Let's begin with the front door...shall we?
The door that at times seems to be 'revolving'; the door that welcomes our visitors and welcomes us home at the end of a busy day.

To give a little context to this project, you must know that last week I was drawn to anything 'rosette'...rosette headbands; rosette hairpins; rosettes on lamps, on lapels, on shoes...rosettes on bedding. Then I got to thinking (I know, a dangerous thing:)...what says cozy fall days like handmade rosettes in rustic colours on a weathered wreath?
I dare say...nothing:)

After many hours (and my husband can vouch for that!) in blogland searching out tutorials...I stumbled upon Coco Loves Vintage...who lead me to the best darn tutorials a rosette-lovin' gal could ask for.
Check them out at Charm Bracelet Diva.

A visit to Goodwill was in order! I picked up these fabrics for a whopping $2 and set to work...
I heated up the ol' hot glue gun, scrounged up some felt remnants (for the backing) and set to work. A few minutes later...

...a little fall-inspired beauty to welcome us home at the end of our day!

Things in our home are never really complete...I'm always changing something! This wreath will be no different...I already feel the need to craft some rosettes in different hues to make them POP!
That sounds like a project for a cool fall afternoon!

Theresa
I'm also linking to Toot Your Horn Tuesday at A Silly Little Sparrow.
And...Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors;
...Making the World Cuter Mondays;
...Made By You Mondays at Skip to My Lou;
And finally...Just Something I Whipped Up at the Girl Creative;
Tweaking Your Home for Fall @ Pure Style Home.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall flowers and great on the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome Fall indeed!!!

    your rosettes are gorgeous. they are so beautiful & vintage-y looking all at the same time. your wreath is a wonderful welcome for FALL!

    thank you so much for linking up.
    HAPPY SEPTEMBER!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. Very classy!

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these flowers. I just started experimenting with fabric flowers myself. I love your wreath!
    Visiting from This Blessed Nest Fall Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the best! I really need to learn how to make rosettes.

    It looks gorgeous!

    Thanks for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the burlap ribbon and the rosettes! So pretty!

    Stopping by today from Making the World Cuter Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rosettes are so pretty ! Love the colours you've used

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just beauties!! Love how creative you are! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link up at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!