Monday, August 23, 2010

M is for Monogram

Since we've returned from holidays this little home of ours has been a construction zone...we squeezed a summer's worth of projects in to one and a half weeks! I am just now digging myself out from beneath the mess!

With the trim in the back entrance complete; a new 'mudroom' - stay tuned for the before and after - and a freshly painted front door checked off our list...I had a little time of my own. I set to work making monogrammed prints for each of my children.

Inspiration struck on a recent treasure-hunting expedition to Goodwill...where I spotted this...ummm...little beauty???


I knew instantly that the frame was perfect for Ava's room ~ the little girl dancing in the mactac meadow...not so much! I began by removing everything from the frame and made my own backing from a cereal box.

I purchased these initials at Micheal's for 75 cents...the black didn't jive with Ava's room so I traced it onto some cream-coloured paper and cut it out.


I covered the cereal box (from above) with some scrap-booking paper. Put it all together...and...
I added the flower from a hat that Little Miss Ava refuses to wear!

For Elle...

For Kieran...

For under $10, I created monogrammed prints to match their personalities!
Theresa

I'm linking to these parties...
Letting the Creative Tuesday Juices Flow at These Creative Juices.
Toot Your Horn Tuesday at A Silly Little Sparrow.
Get Your Craft on Tuesday at Today's Creative Blog.
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage.
New Friend Friday over at The Girl Creative.








1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a difference! Speaking on behalf of the "before"- it thanks you! You definitely made this cute. The frame was great- you have a good eye because most people would not have seen anything else beyond the original.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!