Thursday, May 14, 2009

More on being a mom...


Mother's Day has come and gone and I'm still smiling! The poem that my son mailed to me, the portrait Elle drew of me with oil pastels and the picture of Ava and I together are three small reminders of how lucky I am!

I so enjoyed the Mother's Day Tea at my daughter's
school...complete with tea and muffins and a French rendition of "Each of Us is a Flower"! Then the hunt was on to unveil which of the 18 or so mommy portrait's was me...I found it on the second try! What a great way to spend a morning!

Sunday the 10th was equally great...first off, dance competition! Another proud mommy moment watching Elle and her group perform. Then it was back home for a visit with family - a day to visit and play and have dinner out!

Sometimes it's easy to forget about the small little blessings in your life. You can get caught up in how hectic life can be and can forget that it really is the small things that matter. The hugs, the snuggles, the cards, the smiles, the time, the little people.

I am so lucky...and I hope I don't ever forget that!

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky....you have 3 beautiful children!! You are also on of those rare women who have struck a wonderful balance between work and home and you do it with such aplomb. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!