Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cake Time

May in our family is a birthday frenzy! Yesterday we celebrated the birthdays of four little guys who turn 3 within 2 months of each other...and my husband who's birthday is just around the corner!
My girls were adamant that they had to make a cake for daddy and bring it to this party...so early Saturday morning we began the process!Elle and Ava helped make the batter...Elle can almost do this on her own!
As I put the cake in the oven, the girls (Elle escaped before I got her on camera!!) enjoyed the results of their hard work! 9 a.m. isn't too early for chocolate cake, is it?!

Elle decorated around the outside...this is her rendition of a tree and grass. Pretty talented if I do say so myself!

Ava drew a picture of herself and daddy on the top of the cake. She drew with a toothpick and I traced it with icing. There really is nothing better than preschooler drawings!
Kieran wrote the greeting. It was a family affair!

The party was fun and the cakes were delicious...what more could you ask for on a Saturday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!